Gender stereotypes are constantly being produced and reproduced through multiple mechanisms and structures. History is an important factor in this process because it determines current perceptions and attitudes. In other words, the way we say and understand the past determines the present. It is a fact that through ages the field of history was invariably guided by a male dominant compass. This fact encourages societies to put value on men, their role in shaping society and their accomplishments, more than those of women.
By re-addressing local histories and the popular narratives they support, HerStory tackles existing stereotypes regarding the value of women in a society.
- In-depth research regarding the women’s history across various cities of Europe and good practices of the dissemination of women achievements to the public.
- Targeting young people, through schools/ youth organizations/ local authorities/ students in the fields of History and Gender, to record their knowledge regarding the input of specific women in their country’s/city’s history.
- Development of a transnational online map where the visitors will be able to find remarkable places regarding women in history and get information about them.
- UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA Spain
- D’ANTILLES ET D’AILLEURS France
- SYMVOYLEYTIKO KENTRO STIRITHIS TIS OIKOGENEIAS – SYKESO Cyprus
- KYTTARO ENALLAKTIKON ANAZITISEON NEON (K.E.A.N) Greece
- VAZMOZHNOSTI BEZ GRANITSI Bulgaria
- Andragoski zavod Ljudska univerza Velenje Slovenia
- CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD Cyprus
- VSI DIVERSITY DEVELOPMENT GROUP Lithuania
- SPECCHIO MAGICO COOPERATIVA SOCIALE ONLUS Italy